You, the UOB and 2BA: Working together for the future
The Uniforme Objecten Bibliotheek (UOB, a uniform objects library) is a new and ground-breaking CAD platform for the installation sector. The library allows selected, specific product data to be automatically linked to a generic template CAD object. Directly from 2BA’s product database!
What is the UOB?
The Uniforme Objecten Bibliotheek is an intermediate software platform between CAD systems on one side and the 2BA datapool on the other. Using the UOB, CAD engineers and/or modellers can specify an object using a wide range of template (CAD) objects linked to ETIM product classes in combination with product data from manufacturers participating in 2BA.
In order to make a generic template object from the UOB design-specific, the UOB provides the option of involving real-time relevant product information from the 2BA database in this process. The ETIM MC (Modelling Class) data provided by participating manufacturers to 2BA for this purpose serves as an important selection criterion. This largely concerns the geometric (read: size) data of your products.
3D models interchangeable at all stages of the design process
The UOB allows consulting and engineering firms, technical service providers and subcontractors to work together on the basis of a single standard: ETIM and ETIM-MC structured manufacturer data, as stored in the 2BA datapool. This open standard ensures that 3D models are actually interchangeable between parties in the chain, regardless of different CAD applications. Both in all phases of the design process, and afterwards in calculation, ordering, delivery and realisation phases, up to and including maintenance and long-term management.
The UOB is an acceleration project of the DigiDeal Built Environment and represents a crucial step forward for the Building Information Model 3D (BIM 3D).
The UOB accelerates digitisation in the business chain so that it can collaborate better and more often based on shared information and shared insight. This greatly increases the strength and contribution of participating companies, also when it comes to sustainability and circularity.
Benefits for you as a manufacturer
- As a manufacturer, you are and remain responsible for your own product data, including the supply of your own 3D objects.
- Data per product needs to be delivered only once.
- Once structured according to ETIM and ETIM-MC, data is easy to manage.
- A product becomes more valuable to buyers/users thanks to 100% correct, complete and digitally exchangeable data.
- Significant savings in maintaining and developing your BIM families. Also internationally.
- Publishing data today is making it available tomorrow for the modeller.
In other words: More quality, lower failure costs and more effectiveness.
For that reason, the UOB!
- Innovation, strength, efficiency gains and quality for the entire sector.
- Successful collaboration and reliable exchange of technical information between project partners.
- Problem-free sharing of 3D models based on an open digital platform that grows with us.
- Higher quality and speed of service to our customers.
- Fewer errors and delays in the design, construction and maintenance process of buildings.
- One source, one standard, one access point and right the first time.